Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

Coca-Cola Cake...YUMMY!!!

I tried a new recipe the other day, and it turned out pretty good.  So, I'm sharing it with you!

It is a "Coca-Cola" Cake...BUT my version is a "Dr. K" cake.  I'm sure you can google to find the original recipe.

Cake:
2 cups sugar
2 c plus 1 TBSP cake flour
1 1/2 cups small marshmallows
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 TBSP cocoa
1 Cup of Dr. Pepper, Dr. K, or Mr. Pibb
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup buttermilk or regular milk with a splash of lime juice
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Frosting:
1/2 cup butter
3 tablespoons cocoa
6 TBSP of the soft drink, or whatever is left in the can
1 box (16 ounces) confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans ( I didn't put this in)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Cream together the butter, cocoa, and sugar. Add in the eggs and oil. Slowly add in the dry ingredients alternating with the milk. Fold in the soft drink and marshmallows. Pour into a well-greased 9-by-13-inch pan and bake 35 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven and frost
immediately.
To make frosting, combine butter, cocoa and soft drink in a saucepan. Bring to a
boil and pour over confectioners' sugar, blending well. Add vanilla extract and
pecans. Spread over hot cake. When cool, cut into squares and serve.

I like this the best when it is still warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, but my husband likes it best totally cooled all by itself.

If you make it, let me know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment