Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

peanut butter granola

Are you ready for a quick and easy recipe?


I can't remember where I first saw this recipe, but here it is...

Ingredients:  Peanut Butter, Butter, Honey, Old Fashioned Oats



Melt 2 Tbsp of butter in a large pot.  Add about 1/3 cup peanut butter and 1/3 cup honey.  Stir until all ingredients are melted together and smooth.



Remove from heat and stir in 3 cups Old Fashioned Oats.


Spread on a cookie sheet (I didn't grease mine) and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.  Keep watch so that the granola doesn't burn.

Let cool and break into chunks.  I mixed in chocolate chips and dried cranberries.  You can mix in whatever your family likes.  This is a great snack to keep on hand and pack up for your child's snack at school.

I'd love to know if you tried this recipe!
Oh, and I didn't use the EXACT measurements.  
I just eyeball until it looks like I want it to :)

Happy Cooking!


2 comments: