Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday's Tip...fabric stash

Wow!  What a mess creative room...yes, this is part of my sewing/craft room.  This particular photo is of my "stash" of fabric.  Notice how it is scattered around the shelving?  Thrown here and there?

Well, NO more of this!  I am ready to get it all organized.

This particular part of my sewing room is actually under the stairs going to the main level of the house.  My wonderful husband finished our basement about 7 years ago and made me a craft/sewing/hobby room.  We wanted to use every inch of space that we could, so I am using the space under the stairs to hold my fabric.

Not too long ago, I decided to donate a lot of my fabric that I had been holding on to for a long time.  I had about 3 times the amount that you see in the photo.  Crazy, I know.  I am tired of looking at the mess every time that I go into my room to work.  So, my goal for this week is to get the fabric organized.

I went to my local arts and crafts store, you know the one, and purchased these for 50% off.




 "What are those?", you ask.  These are 20 x 30 pieces of foam board.  I will cut them into 10 x 10 pieces for my fabric!  What a neat idea, huh?  My friend, Darlene, taught me this little trick.  And, it is inexpensive.  I purchased 5 boards and will get 30 pieces to hold 30 different fabric pieces.  Each board cost me $.98!  I am so excited.
I have already started, but am not going to show you any more photos right now.  I am going to wait until next Tuesday for the "reveal".  Only because I have to give myself that much time to get it finished.  Gradually, I hope to show you my craft/sewing/hobby room as it gets organized.  I have some other organization tips to share with you along the way.  But, for now, go purchase some foam board, cut it into smaller pieces and wrap your fabric so that you have miniature bolts to store your fabric on.

Stay tuned for more next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment