Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Faithful Friday! He has plans!

Have you ever read Jeremiah 29:11???

I have read it over and over and over!  Especially right now.  It says, "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you plans to give you hope and a future."  WOW!  That is major to me.  Oftentimes, we make our own plans for our future, but God may have other plans.  I think it is very important that we be open to His plans and seek what He wants for us.

My husband and I had our "path" mapped out, until we hit a bump in the road.  He lost his job back in April.  It is now August, and he still does not have a job.  Believe me, it not for lack of searching!  There is not much out there in his field.  He has had a bunch of interviews, but God just has not put the right job in his path.  That is a very difficult concept to grasp right now.  And, it is something that I am having to pray about on a VERY regular basis.

Side note here:  In 2008-09, I was teaching preschool and resigned from my position for the next year (last year) to help more in the elementary school that my older 2 children attend.  Well, I am very happy to tell you that this year, my position became available and I will be teaching again!  This was a HUGE blessing and answer to prayer.

On to more of the verse that the Lord has used to speak to me...If you read the first few words, it says "For I know the plans I have for you".  Let me just emphasize "I" for a moment.  "I" is the Lord, not me!  He has plans for me and my family that I don't even know about yet.  Let me just throw away MY plans totally.

If you read on it says "plans to prosper you and not to harm you".  That means that He has the very best for me in His plan. Love that!  Plans that are going to help me grow and become a better person.   Plans that He will use to mold me into the person that He wants me to become.

Lastly, it says, "plans to give you hope and a future".  My hope is in Him and knowing that His plans are better than any that I could ever think of is so comforting to me. 

When I stop and think about this particular verse, I gain more confidence in the fact that He loves me unconditionally and truly has the best for me in His plans.  I just have to be patient and wait on that plan to be revealed.

I do hope this verse has spoken to you as well and would love to hear about it!
Thanks for stopping by on this Faithful Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post! It really spoke to me! I recently finished reading "Plan B" by Pete Wilson. A truly awesome book that talks about what happens when our plan differs from God's plan. I highly recommend it to read!

    ReplyDelete