Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Faithful Friday: Mary & Martha

Oh my!  This week has been such a blur.  I have been running around like a crazy woman.  School started for 2 of my kids on Monday and it has been hustle and bustle ever since.

This week really fits in with what I am reading right now.  I found a book called Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver.  I started reading it a while back and for some reason just could not get into the book.  Well, now I know why I put the book down.  It just wasn't time for me to read it...NOW is the time!
I love how the Lord does that in my life.  Has it ever happened to you?

So, the book.  I have only ready the first chapter and it is already what I need for this time in my life!  The entire book is based on Luke 10:38-42.  Joanna takes the story of the sisters Mary and Martha and she relates it to today's world.

Let's think back for a moment.  Jesus was traveling around and Martha opened up her home to him.  Martha ran around trying to get everything ready for him while her sister, Mary, sat at Jesus' feet and listened to him.  Hmmm...who are you??  Mary? or Martha?  Well, right now, I am definitely a "Martha".  I am always preparing for something or someone.  Unfortunately, I do not take the time that I know I should, to "sit" at Jesus' feet and simply listen to him.

So far, the Lord has taught me through this first chapter and a couple of scripture verses, that I REALLY need to take time to slow down and listen to HIM!!

Matthew 11:28-29 says "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."  WOW!  The only way to truly receive rest is to lay at the feet of Jesus.

Have you taken time to "sit" at His feet lately?  My prayer for you, is that you would take the time to do this.  God will really speak to us when we take time to focus on Him.  It is very important to be about His work, but it is also so important to be still and seek Him.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Next week...Tuesday's Tips AND a new project with yarn and a really long needle...stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Boy,this really hits home with me today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you back, thanks for stopping by my blog =)

    ReplyDelete