Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Tuesday's Tip!

I actually did the "happy dance" today!  Two of my kids started back to school. One is in the 1st grade and the other is in 4th.  I can't believe how fast time flies.  I was thinking earlier about how fast the day went by and wondered if the year would go by just as fast.  That scares me just a little bit!

Our family had a great summer going to the beach and the mountains a couple of times, relaxing, hanging out with friends and family and of course the "occasional" argument.  Can any of you relate to that last part?  Now that summer is over and school has begun, it is time to get the calendar organized...so...that is today's tip!

This is how I organize our schedule during the school year:

I know that is hard to see, but, it is a calendar that hangs on my fridge and I use a wet/erase marker to write on it.  At the top there is a space for me to write in what week I have written down.  And, my favorite part is the left side.  Do you see all of the stick figures?  No? Okay, let me help you a little...

Maybe that's a little better.  Anyways, all of us are listed with our character and our name.  Then, I go through and write down who has what and on what day and at what time.  Wow, that's a lot of "what"s.

I keep it posted on the fridge so that we all can see what is going on.  Notice that I wrote "all of us are listed"?  Yes, that means me and my husband as well!  It helps us to coordinate when we see what the other has going on.  Sometimes we have to tag team on nights that are really busy.  This way, we know who is helping with what activity.  Right now, the calendar looks pretty blank.  That will all change in the next couple of weeks when my youngest son starts t-ball and my daughter starts piano. The oldest started football before school even started.  Whew, I'm tired already!

I love having a busy life and I love that my kids have the opportunity to be involved in extra-curricular activities.  I truly would not want it any other way!  This is just a little way of helping keep all of those activities organized.

Thanks for stopping by to see this "Tuesday's Tip"!

P.S.  If you'd like to have one of these adorable planners, just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment